There’s no doubt that Epson Printers are one of the best-performing printers in the market. But printing devices of every brand face some or other problem throughout their usage. Epson printer offline is a commonly reported problem by many printer users. This problem renders users unable to print any document. Naturally, it makes people search for a suitable fix for it. In this article, you’ll find some tried and tested fixes for the offline issue in the Epson printer. You’ll also understand the various causes that make your printer go offline.
Why is My Epson Printer Offline?
You may encounter an offline problem with your printer due to various reasons. Some common ones are as follows:
- Epson printer is not able to communicate with your system. It may be because of some software or hardware issues.
- Faulty printer settings are another reason. If the printer isn’t selected as default, it may go offline.
- Connectivity errors between your system and the Epson printer are another common cause.
- Slow or stopped spooler service may also result in an offline issue.
- An obsolete or outdated printer driver prevents your printing device from working correctly.
Ways to Resolve the Epson Printer Offline Problem?
There are various ways to bring your Epson printer back online. All of them are simple to follow and use. Keep reading to know exactly what you can do when your Epson printer says offline.
Change the Printer From Offline to Online
If your printer is offline, you will naturally face this problem. You must change the offline status to online in order to start working with your Epson printer. Here’s how you do it.
- Firstly, reboot your printing device. Wait for a minute for the booting process to end.
- Check that your printer is plugged into the PC. At the same time, ensure that it has good network connectivity.
- Sign in to your computer via the local administrator account.
- Navigate to the ‘Start’ menu and launch the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Once there, input ‘control panel.’
- Now tap ‘Devices and Printers.’ You’ll notice a list of printers on your screen.
- Right-tap on your printing device and select ‘See What’s Printing?Tap on ‘Printer’ and take away the checkmark from ‘Use Printer Offline.’ Now your printer will come back online.
Reinstall Your Epson Printing Device
Another effective Epson printer offline fix is reinstalling the printer. The process to do so is quite straightforward. Follow these points to do it.
- Hit the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to start the ‘Run’ box.
- After the ‘Run’ box opens, input ‘devmgmt.msc.’ After that, press ‘Enter.’
- Right-tap your printing device in the ‘Printers’ or ‘Printer Queues.’ Follow this by clicking ‘Uninstall.’
- Hit the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard simultaneously to start the ‘Run’ box again.
- Enter ‘Control’ and hit ‘Enter.’
- In ‘Large icons’ tap ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Right-tap on the blank part and hit ‘Add a printer.’
- Windows 7 users should tap ‘Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.’ Windows 10 users should tap ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed.’
- Now check ‘Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname.’ Follow it by clicking ‘Next.’
- Input the IP address and port name of your Epson printer. After that, hit ‘Next’ to finish reinstalling the printer.
- Now restart your PC. Find if you can use your printer.
Fix the Spooler Service if it’s Stopped
Another fix to use when your Epson printer is offline is to check the spooler service. If it’s stopped, you may face the offline problem in your Epson printer on Windows 10. To resolve this issue, go through the steps below.
- Navigate to the ‘Run’ box, and input ‘Services.msc.’ Then, tap ‘OK.’
- You will see the service window opening. From here, navigate to the option of ‘Print Spooler.’ Ensure that its status is displayed as ‘Running.’
- If you see it’s status as ‘Stopped,’ right-tap on the ‘Print Spooler’ option. Now, tap on ‘Start’ to resume the service.
- Exit this window. See whether these steps have brought your offline Epson printer online again.
Clear all Printing Jobs
Sometimes, due to the print queue getting stuck, you will experience the offline problem in the printer. In this case, you should clear all the print jobs. To do it, follow this procedure.
- From the Windows search, open the ‘Run’ box.
- Here, input ‘Services.msc.’
- Now, hit enter for opening the service window.
- Next, point to the spooler and right-tap to open ‘Properties.’ Tap ‘Stop,’ and then click the ‘OK’ button.
- Launch the Windows File Explorer and input the following in the address bar: %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- In the ‘Printer’ folder, select all the files and delete them.
- Navigate to ‘Spooler Properties’ and tap on the ‘Start’ option. Then, click ‘OK.’
- Start your system again. You’ll see that every print job is clear and the printer is working fine.
Set Your Printer to Default Mode
When your Epson printer says offline, an easy fix you can try is ensuring that your printer is set on Default mode. Often, the printer shows an offline status when you’ve not set it to default. Follow these points to do so.
- Input ‘control’ on the ‘Run’ dialog box and press ‘Enter.’
- Point to ‘Devices and Printer’ from the following windows and click there.
- You will see a list of printers. Choose your printer and right-tap it.
- Check that there’s a checkmark on the option of ‘Set as default printer.’ If it isn’t, choose that option.
- Now you will notice a green checkmark on your Epson printer icon. It will resolve the Epson printer offline problem.
Resolve the Epson Printer Offline Issue in Mac
Epson printers may show an offline message in Mac mainly due to faulty configuration. It can also become offline in case the same printing device gets installed multiple times. Here are the different resolutions you can use and fix the printer offline problem in Mac.
Reset the Print Settings Option on Mac
You can find the printer showing an offline message on your Mac device due to faulty configuration. When this happens, you must reset the ‘Print settings’ option on Mac.
- Open the Apple menu and tap the option of ‘System Preference.’
- Now navigate to the section of ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- In the following window, right-tap on your printer. Follow it by choosing ‘Reset Printing System.’
- Input your Mac username and password as prompted on the following popup box.
- Then hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Wait for a while till the printer list gets displayed.
- Add your printer through the ‘+’ icon. Now your printer will come back online.
Delete Additional Printer From Mac
If the same printing device gets installed several times, you’ll find that your Epson printer is offline. Follow these steps to delete an extra printer.
- Navigate to the ‘Menu’ followed by ‘System Preferences’ and then ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- You’ll find a list of printers.
- Remove the extra added printer. For it, tap on it and choose the ‘–‘ sign from the bottom-left part of the screen.
- Set the printer as ‘Default Printer’ from ‘Idle Printer.’
- Restart the Epson printer.
Hopefully, these methods will help you whenever you find an Epson printer offline. Follow them one by one and resolve the problem. But if you cannot follow these instructions, it’s best to seek Epson customer support services. The printer experts will diagnose and fix all issues with your device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Epson Printer Offline Issues
Q. Why does my Epson printer keep going offline?
A. Epson printer offline issues can be caused due to various reasons, such as connectivity issues, software or driver problems, or hardware issues.
Q. How do I fix Epson printer offline issues?
A. You can try basic troubleshooting steps, such as checking the printer’s connectivity, restarting the printer and computer, and updating printer drivers and software. If these steps don’t work, you may need to try advanced printer troubleshooting steps.
Q. How can I prevent Epson printer offline issues?
A. You can prevent Epson printer offline issues by keeping printer drivers and software up-to-date, maintaining good connectivity, and using genuine Epson ink cartridges.