A quality printer is undoubtedly a significant investment. Various users commonly report the issue of HP printer offline mac. If you want to get your printer online, you need to begin with a basic troubleshooting sequence and see whether your device comes back online or not. If you find your printer staying offline after every step, you need to reset the system of your printing device and add it again.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot Hp Printer Paper Jam Error?
How to Resolve HP Printer Offline Mac Status?
It’s not very difficult to fix this issue. Keep reading to know about the exact steps.
Employ HP Smart Diagnose & Fix
- Launch HP Smart app. You can download it from HP Smart-Mac App Store.
- Tap Printers and choose Diagnose & Fix.
- On this screen, click Start.
- Wait for some time till the analysis is taking place. Don’t close the app as it can disturb the process.
- On the Diagnosis screen, you can review the results and then tap on Done or Test Print.
Remove your printer and re-add it
- Remove your device from the print queue to clear the errors. Then re-add it.
- Tap on the icon of Apple, then click on ‘System Preferences‘. Choose ‘Printers & Scanners‘.
- Highlight the printer that you wish to remove. Then, tap on the Minus sign. You can find it at the end of the printer’s list.
- Tap on ‘Delete Printer‘.
- Tap on the Plus sign and select your printer from the list shown.
- Tap on the ‘Print Using‘ or ‘Use‘ field. Choose ‘Air-print‘, and then click ‘Add‘.
Reset your print system
When trying to resolve printer offline mac, resetting the device can remove errors states by eliminating HP and non-HP printers, remaining print tasks, and printer preferences. Follow the pointers below to reset the printer.
- Tap the Apple icon and choose ‘System Preferences.’ Next, click ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Now right click on the Printers list. Next, choose ‘Reset printing system.’
- Next, select ‘Reset‘ to confirm your action.
- Now input the password and administrator name. After that, tap ‘OK.’ It will complete the reset.
- After the reset is finished, you need to re-add your printer. For it, tap the ‘Plus sign‘, choose the printer in the list, and tap ‘Add.’
Set up a manual IP connection (only wireless)
You can set up a manual IP address for your device by using data on the Network Configuration page. You can then make use of it to link to your Mac.
- Print a Network Configuration page.
- You can find out the Wireless Status, Subnet Mask, IP Address, URL, and Default Gateway on this page. Look at the status under the 802.11 wireless. It should be ‘Connected.’
- From a PC linked to the same network as your printing device, open the internet and input any one of the URLs in the field. Now tap Enter for opening the EWS of the printer.
- Next, click the ‘Networking Tab‘ and open the option of the ‘Wireless‘ menu. Click ‘IPv4 Configuration.’
- Choose ‘Manual IP‘ and give your printer data. Click apply.
- Next, tap the Apple icon, click ‘System Preferences‘, and after that, ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Now, tap the ‘Plus‘ sign. Choose the ‘IP‘ tab and input the printer IP address.
- Choose ‘HP JetDirect – Socket‘ from the protocol menu and input the printer’s name. Ensure that ‘Generic PostScript Printer‘ is chosen in the Use field.
- Tap Add and adhere to the prompts for finishing the process.
Also Read: Hp Printer In Error State
Troubleshooting your printer offline mac issue will now seem easier than ever to you. Go through the steps once again after reading so that you are confident to undertake the process.