HP printers are widely used and one of the best printers in the market. However, despite their stellar reputation, it’s common to encounter HP Printer not printing issues. Frustrating problems like HP printers not printing with new ink often leave users searching for a solution. If you are dealing with the same situation, this post can help you find and implement the right solution.
What to Do if My HP Printer Not Printing?
Having a trustworthy printer is essential for home and office use. However, it can be frustrating when your HP printer won’t print even after you fill in new ink. This common problem can be caused by various factors, from hardware issues to software glitches. In this blog, we help you find how to deal with the HP Printer won’t print problems right away.
Check Printer Status
First, you need to check the printing status of your HP Printer. Check the printer’s hardware and ensure that it’s in proper condition. If your printer is connected to a WiFi network, but you are facing an HP printer won’t print issue, check for the following:
- Whether the printer cartridge is working properly.
- If your paper tray is attached.
- Whether ink, toner, and paper are in enough quantity.
- Check the cable and other connections.
Set HP Printer as Default
If your HP Printer won’t print properly, there is a chance that it’s not set as the default printer. Follow the below steps to set HP Printer as the default option.
- Open the control panel.
- Hit on view devices and printers.
- Now right-click on the printer and choose “Set HP Printer as default option.”
- Once after setting the HP printer as default, try to print.
- If you are still facing the same problem, moving to other methods is a wise choice.
Update HP Printer Driver
You can remove and install the printer driver to solve the HP printer not printing. You can follow the steps given below to update the driver and troubleshoot the issue.
- Open the device manager.
- Boost the printers category.
- Click on the HP printer you are using.
- Select Updated Drivers.
- Hit on “search updated driver software automatically.”
Repair System Files
Running a system file checker in Windows is an effective way to repair the system file. You can follow the below steps to run SFC:
- Go to the Start option.
- Find Command Prompt >> Run administrator with a right-click.
- Enter SFC or Scan now.
- Now hit on the Enter option.
- It takes a few minutes to search and replace corrupted files.
- Once everything is done, you can restart your system.
- Check if your HP printer is connected and printing correctly.
Restart Your HP Printer After Checking the Connection Status
If your HP printer won’t print correctly, it’s time to check for a connection between the printer and computer. Follow the below steps to restart the HP Printer after checking the connection status.
- Ensure to connect your Printer and computer properly.
- Whether you use a wireless network or a USB connection, check everything twice.
- Verify the network or cable integrity that is used for a connection.
- Damaged or faulty cables can lead to printing problems.
Restarting Your Printer
Reset temporary glitches to get your printer working normally again:
- Turn off your HP Printer.
- Unplug the power cord.
- All residual power dissipates.
- Plug in the power cord again to solve the HP Printer won’t print issue.
- Check the HP printer to start printing and solve the issue.
Performing the basic steps can help you troubleshoot the HP printer not printing problem. If you still face the issue, it’s better to connect with the support team. They will guide you in the right direction and solve HP Printer won’t print issues with ease.